St Michael's, Nowra opened on 30 September 1877.
Early Gothic elements can be seen in the stained glass windows, the tall narrow window openings, projecting buttresses, articulated quoins and steep pitched root.
In 1921 additions were made and the shingle roof was replaced with tiles. Additional stained glass windows were also added at this time.
Further additions were carried out in 1958 including the side entrance and sacristy.