Baptisms are celebrated in St Michael's Church, Nowra on almost every Sunday of the year, at 10.45am (after the 9.30am Mass). Baptisms may also be celebrated in the other churches of the parish. Please contact the parish office in the first instance to arrange all baptisms. Four (4) weeks notice and a meeting with one of the parish staff is required. The Sacrament of Baptism is sometimes also called 'Christening'.
- At least one Godparent/Sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic, over 16 years.
- It is usual to make an offering / donation to the priest or deacon after the celebration of the baptism. There is no set fee.
- We understand that Baptism is the Sacrament which gives new life in Christ to our child, and makes him/her a member of God’s family, the Church. We are aware of the obligations attached to having our child baptised.
- We accept the responsibility and duty of training our child in the life and practice of the Catholic faith, to keep God’s commandments as Christ taught us, by loving God and neighbour through word and example.
- We profess our faith in God the Father, in Jesus Christ his Son, and in the holy Spirit.